Explanation of/for Requested Fields
The general layout of your signature on the petition will follow this
pattern, with empty optional fields/lines omitted:
[Your MVP Status]
- Required. Your name, as it will appear on the petition. Please show some degree of
restraint, and avoid online handles.
- Required. This field is used to verify, to a given degree, that you are who you're
saying you are. After submitting the form above, you will be sent an email
and asked to click a link within it to verify that you were indeed the
person who entered the information above. Your email address will never be
shared or posted publicly. Please be sure you've whitelisted mail from
*@classicvb.org in your spam traps, if necessary, otherwise your name will
not appear on the petition.
- Optional. This link is used with your name. May be either mailto: or
- Required. You have the option of returning to the petition at some later
date, and updating
your particulars. To do so, you will need to remember and use your sign-up
email and this password. Please don't use the same thing you use for bank
accounts or domain access, just make up something (or use your favorite
"low security" password) to use for this purpose.
- MVP Status
- Optional. If you are or were a Microsoft MVP, use this field to indicate
the product for which you received the award, and the duration for which you
were awarded. For consistency of display, we ask that you follow a somewhat
structured pattern as illustrated by these examples:
- Visual Basic MVP: 1994-present
- Word MVP: 1998-2003
- [Product] MVP: year1-[yearX|present]
- ... and so on ...